The Savoy Garage Blackpool

The Savoy Garage was Grade 2 listed in 2012 as part of English Herritages Motor Car Project to recognise the impact of the motor car on the historic environment.

The garage was built between 1914 and 1915 and is an exceptionally rare example of an early covered car park on two levels with a lift. Unlike many of its contemporaries this garage has incurred minimal alteration and retains a wealth of original features, including an exceptionally rare motor car lift and turntable.

The Savoy Garage was built for the originally named Savoy Hydro Hotel located on the opposite side of King George Avenue, fronting the Queens Promenade and both the original Hotel and Garage are believed to have been designed by T B Lumb, Son & Walton of Blackpool, a link which suggests the garage was originally used as covered car parking for the hotel, and also provided maintenance and repairs services.

Contact Address

Savoy Garage Blackpool, 2 King George Ave, Blackpool, FY2 9SN

Let's Talk

Phone: 01253 353551

Email Us

savoygarage@icloud.com

Working Hours

Mon to Fri - 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

Sat 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM